An Austria Attraction
An Austria Attraction
An Austria Attraction Front Page An Austria Attraction Information Travel Forum Search This Site
  An Austria Attraction -> Austria -> Krems -> Parish Church of St. Vitus -> Nearby Attractions
Parish Church of St. Vitus
A-3500 Krems an der Donau - Austria

The Pfarrkirche St. Veit, dating from 1630, is amongst Austria’s earliest baroque churches and was designed by Cypriano Bisaino. The building’s earliest part is the lower part of the Gothic tower, dating from the 13th century. The interior has a...
[More information about Parish Church of St. Vitus]
Attractions near Parish Church of St. Vitus
A selection of attractions close to Parish Church of St. Vitus:
Landesmuseum Joanneum  (16.1 Miles)
This vast collection was bequeathed to the public in 1811 by Archduke Johann. The museum is housed in two separate buildings and consists of a...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Schlossberg Cave Railway  (16.4 Miles)
This 2km underground amusement ride is a great family activity, particularly for those with young kids. The miniature railway is housed in the Schlossberg tunnel...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Graz Clock Tower  (16.4 Miles)
The 16th century ‘Uhrturm’, or clock tower, is only one of two features which still exist from the destruction of the city’s defences following the...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Maria Theresa Monument  (76.4 Miles)
Staring out onto Neuer Platz, this monument was the first to be dedicated to the Empress Maria Theresia, Queen of the Hapsburg Austria Empire who...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Dragon Fountain  (76.4 Miles)
This statue of the mythical ‘Lindwurm’, a large serpent-like dragon from European folklore, was created in the 16th century by Ulrich Vogelsang. The sculpture represents...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Diocesan Museum  (76.4 Miles)
This often overlooked museum is small but contains an astonishing display of religious art. Sculpture, tapestries, jewellery, artwork, and stained glass ranging from the 12th...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Water Museum  (84.1 Miles)
Before the last quarter of the 19th century, Vienna did not have a reliable and safe supply of water. The council decided in 1864 to...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Wittgenstein Exhibition  (85.9 Miles)
Kirchberg’s municipal offices house a permanent exhibition devoted to the famous philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein who was a public school teacher here, and in neighbouring Trattenbach,...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Hermannshöhle  (85.9 Miles)
The 740 metre high Eulenberg, also known as the Eigenberg in former times, in which the Hermannshöhle can be found, is north west of Kirchberg....
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Lenten Cloth  (85.9 Miles)
Lenten cloths (Fastentuch) once covered most crucifixes and altars in Austrian Catholic churches in the weeks leading up to Easter. They were painted with scenes...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Wolfgang Church  (85.9 Miles)
The Wolfsgangkirche on the Lienberg, which overlooks Kirchberg, was built around 1400 for the aristocrat Ortolph of Ofenpeck. His statue, and that of his sons,...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Automobile Museum  (86.9 Miles)
In the 2,500 square metre automobile museum of Aspang am Wechsel you will find more than 120 vehicles built between the years 1888 to 1972....
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Church of Christ the King  (88.3 Miles)
At one time the parish church of Gloggnitz was the castle church but by the middle of the 19th century it had proved itself to...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Gloggnitz Castle  (88.3 Miles)
Schloss Gloggnitz, overlooking the town, was once a Benedictine monastery and dates from the early 11th century, although it was subsequently remodelled in the Baroque...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Abbey Church  (88.3 Miles)
The former abbey church of Gloggnitz, which is dedicated to Maria Schnee and St. Oswald, can be found in the castle grounds. The oldest part...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Renner Villa  (88.3 Miles)
The Renner-Villa is a museum for contemporary history based in the former home of Dr. Karl Renner, the politician, scholar and sociologist. He was also...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Mining Museum  (88.3 Miles)
Gloggnitz’s Bergbau- und Heimatmuseum has twenty rooms devoted to the history of mining in the area. Austria has a long history of minerals exploration and...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Stuppach Castle  (88.3 Miles)
Schloss Stuppach was the home of the Counts of Wurmbrand-Stuppach and probably dates from about 1130. The three storey building belongs to many different building...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Church of St. Florian  (88.3 Miles)
The Filialkirche Stuppach can be found in Stuppach castle. The original chapel dated from the Renaissance but was destroyed in a disastrous fire after the...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]
Evangelical Church  (88.3 Miles)
The Evangelische Dreieinigkeitskirche is a modern church designed by the Viennese architect Rudolf Angelides, a pupil of the famous Professor Holzmeister. It was built in...
[ More Information ]    [ Location Map ]    [ ]

(All distances are direct and may be longer by road)
 Hotel options in Krems 
 
£ Budget ££ Mid Range £££ Luxury
Ibis Budget Hotels Novotel Contemporary Hotels Sofitel Luxury Hotels

 

An Austria Attraction -> Austria -> Krems -> Parish Church of St. Vitus -> Nearby Attractions

Back
The Dedicated Partnership - Web Site Design and Internet Promotion


Aardvark Map - Free custom Google maps for web sites

Aardvark Map - FREE Custom Google Maps for your web site



Welcome to An Austria Attraction


Please don't forget to add us to your favourites by pressing the CTRL and D keys together.