This vast collection was bequeathed to the public in 1811 by Archduke Johann. The museum is housed in two separate buildings and consists of a natural history section and art collection. The natural history section encompasses geology, zoology and botany with a display of stuffed animals of Styria. The art collection is abounding with Gothic religious pieces rescued from Styrian village churches. Some of the artists displayed here include Michael Pacher, Rottmayr, Maulbertsch, Tröger, Kremser Schmidt and Graz born J.T. Stammel.